Click the link above to listen to this episode right here, or subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Show on Itunes
Listen As Dusty And Jay Discuss Superfoods For “Good” Fats & Proteins
Jay is from the Himalayas and through a long chain of “hard-core” vegetarians. His parents and grandparents were passionate about superfoods, as is he.
Jay is not a vegetarian, he is happy to east everything under the sun.
“Everything in moderation!” He says.
This is going to be the first in a long series of podcasts on Superfoods. Make sure you subscribe to catch all the great info!
Which foods are rich in protein?
“Stick with nuts. Almonds are great. Beans are great too.”
Jay loves chickpeas, and recommends trying to incorporate them into your diet. Hummus can be a great dip for veggies as apposed to. He also recommends eggs as often as you can, but watch your cholesterol by sometimes removing the yolks.
- Lentils are also a good option.
- Quinoa is almost a “miracle” food for all of its health benefits.
- Pumpkin Seeds are hot nowadays. Try them with your breakfast or with baking.
- Sunflower Seeds!
- Seaweed is great, can you think of ways to incorporating them into your diet?
Great recipes are only a google search away!
Tell me more about “good” fats…
We are saving the discussion about good and bad fats in another episode. But we want to give you some options to find the good fats, so you know you are getting the proper amino-acids in your diet.
- Avocados! Try them on everything to find out what works for you
- Chia Seeds. Add them to your cereal or oatmeal in the morning.
- Coconut Oil. All the right fatty-acids in one place. Check out a supplement if you don’t like the taste!
- Olive Oil (extra virgin) Mediterranean cooking is some of the healthiest in the world
- Flax Oil, ground and fresh is best!
- Milk, unpasteurized may be your best option. Grass fed too.
- Butter (not too much..)
- Walnuts, tasty option!
Check us out on Itunes, Stitcher, or Blubrry
Click here to be taken to the next episode Superfoods Episode 2 With Jay Author & Dusty Ramsbottom