How to Train for Spartan Race?
Or even… How to Train for Your First Spartan Race?
Before we continue with this topic, you may have some legitimate question i.e. what is a spartan race, if you are not aware of it.
I like to learn things from the experts and why not ask about this question from the man himself who co-founded the Spartan Race.
What is a Spartan Race?
A Spartan race is a series of obstacle races of varying distance and difficulty ranging from 3 miles to marathon distances.
In this Amazing Interview Podcast We will Cover: Fitness Tips by Joe De Sena - How to Train for Spartan Race?
Before we continue with the insightful interview of Joe De Sena, the Spartan Race Co-Founder, let me share with you his bio.
Bio of Joe De Sena, the co-Founder of the Spartan Race
Joe De Sena is the CEO and co-founder of the Death Race and the Spartan Race. He is also the author of Spartan Up: A Take-No-Prisoners Guide to Overcoming Obstacles and Achieving Peak Performance in Life.
Spartan Race was born in the green mountains of Vermont by Joe De Sena, world-class adventure racer. Spartan Race is a sport, community, a philosophy, a training and nutrition program.
Click the above player to listen to this Experts Interview Hosted by Jay Author: How to Train for Spartan Race - Interview Podcast with Joe De Sena, The Co-Founder of the Spartan Race right here, or subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Show on iTunes.
Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Podcast Episodes on iTunes
Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Podcast Episodes on Google Play Music
Subscribe on Google Play Music
Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Podcast Episodes on Stitcher
Subscribe on Stitcher
Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Podcast Episodes on Blubrry
Subscribe on Bluebrry
Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Podcast Newsletter
Never miss any episode as we will inform you as soon as we publish a new episode…
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Here is What You'll Learn in this Podcast:
- About Joe De Sena - A brief Life Story
- What is a Spartan Race?
- Why did You Start the Spartan Race?
- What is the best Way to Train for the Spartan Race?
- Are You Planning for the Olympic type Events for the Spartan Race?
- What is Your Vision for the Spartan Races?
Check Out the Video Podcast for this Topic
All About the Spartan Race
The spartan races are held in many countries including US, Canada, Europe, South Korea, Australia and many more countries are adding each year.
Spartan races include different types of following races:
- Spartan Sprint - 3+ miles of obstacle racing with 20+ obstacles
- Super Spartan - 8+ miles of obstacle racing with 25+ obstacles
- Spartan Beast - 13+ miles of obstacle racing with 30+ obstacles
- Spartan Ultra Beast - 26+ miles of obstacle racing with 60+ obstacles – one of two marathon obstacle courses along with Mudderthon
The name "Spartan" comes from Julian Kopald's pet llamma named Spartan. If you are looking forward for training for the spartan races, check out some of the below fitness tips designed for spartan race training plan for beginners...
Spartan Race Training Plan for Beginners
Spartan website shares many training plans and you can download the Spartan Sprint training Plan as a good starting point.
For those who want some workout ideas, here are few easy to follow actionable tips:
- Start with easy jogging a few days per week to make your body ready for tougher workout
- Once you are ready for more, plan a different type of workout training for each day
- Try Strength Circuits for Monday, Hill Workout for Tuesday, Sprints for Thursday, Friday for Strength Circuits, Saturday for Endurance Run and Keep Wednesday & Sunday for Rest
- Progressively train to be comfortable running 6+ miles before the main race day
- While hill training is hard, make sure you include one hill workout per week to prepare your body to race up some steep inclines between obstacles
- Work on your upper and lower body strength
Want to see this in action? Here is the Spartan Race Video for you:
How to Train for Your First Spartan Race - Spartan Race Workout Training Video
We are going to make it easy for you so that you can watch different workout resource videos here:
- Squats for the Spartan Race Training Plan
- Push ups for the Spartan Race Training
- Burpees Training for Spartan Race
- Planks Workout Training for Spartan Races
- Lunges for Spartan Training
Now don't forget to eat like a Spartan Race Participant does and here are few training videos here:
OK it's time to get Spartan Fit now!
Get Spartan Fit - Top 10 Tips to Conquer Spartan Race!
- 1. Train Hard for a Spartan Race at least for 6-8 Weeks prior the main race
- 2. Be mentally ready for a tough race - it makes you ready to face the tough challenges of the World
- 3. Dress appropriately like a mudder
- 4. Get the snug fit running shoes
- 5. Do more burpees to get used to the crawls in the mud
- 6. Train with your buddies so that it becomes competitive and fun too
- 7. Stay Positive no matter how hard it gets
- 8. Build a routine
- 9. Eat Healthy as the Healthy Lifestyle Podcast says
- 10. Don't forget to have fun
Want to Learn More about the Spartan Training?
Check out the below book to learn more about the Spartan Training in 30 days...
Spartan Fit!: 30 Days. Transform Your Mind. Transform Your Body. Commit to Grit.
A complete Spartan training guide, Spartan Fit! will arm readers with the strength, knowledge, and grit to never question their potential again.
- A 30-day workout and diet plan to prepare for the Spartan Sprint — or to just get you in shape
- Full-body workouts requiring no gym, no weights
- How to build on one race to the next
- Inspiring, motivating stories of Spartans
I hope you find the information on the Spartan Race and the insightful interview with Joe De Sena inspiring.
Disclaimer - The information presented on herbs or foods or any other topic is for informational purposes only. Never take any action without consulting your doctor. Never give any type of herb to children without talking to a doctor. All the statements made on this podcast have not been evaluated by the FDA. The herbs or foods mentioned on this podcast are not intended to cure, treat, diagnose or prevent disease. Always play it safe.
Don't Forget to Check the Healthy Lifestyle Meals Software!
We listened to your feedback and developed a Software which is meant for healthy meal planning for any duration.
You can make your daily or weekly or monthly meals healthy from 26 scientific parameters and ensure you take the right meals everyday.
Learn more about the Healthy Lifestyle Meals Software by clicking at the below image:
Don't Forget to Claim "Superfoods for Better Health" Video Training for FREE!
This is Priceless! Learn more about the Healthy Live Hive by clicking at the below image:
Don't Forget to Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Show Podcast
Until next time - Make sure to Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Show on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or Blubrry!
What would you like to hear more about?
Share Your Comments or Send Us Your Suggestions...