In the last few episodes we’ve been talking about all kinds of different Super Foods and what they can benefit; let’s keep that conversation going!
In this episode we will cover: Foods to Prevent Cancer
We all could use some knowledge on foods we can incorporate into our daily lives that are going to help us keep healthy and cancer free!
What are these foods you ask?
Click the link above to listen to this Super food episode right here, or subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Show on iTunes.
Day 1 of infiltrating the podcast as your host has been a success! Now let’s get to it!
Jay Author sits in with us again and shares his top natural foods and nutrients for preventing cancer. We have all been inspired by the people who have suffered with cancer to make an episode dedicated to helping you make changes in your diet to be keep cancer out of your personal future.
Here are a few of our suggestions for anti-cancer foods:
- Green Tea – It seems to be in every episode, maybe its good for you… 😉
- Rooibos Tea (Yes it’s spelled correctly) is from South Africa
Jay shares of the time he lived in South Africa… vacationing is also good for your health!
- Garlic, onion, and chives
- Spices such as Turmeric, Ginger, or other spices used in curry. These spices are SO good for you!
- Nuts – Almonds and Brazil nuts but any nuts are good for you too!
- Leafy Greens – Kale and Spinach
- Beans – Black, Kidney, Green, etc
- Berries – variety is best
- Fermented foods – Yogurt, Kimchi, etc
- Sweet Potatoes
Speaking of sweet potatoes, that sounds like a pretty SWEET way of ending the episode! (sorry.. Bad Joke Alert)
Remember the 80/20 Rule: 80% Eating healthy foods, 20% Eating whatever you want! Try mixing up some of these foods to create something delicious: Berries + Yogurt + Nuts = Breakfast! || Greens + Berries + Garlic Dressing + Nuts + Kimchi = Salad for Lunch! Share some of your own creations with us!
Remember that making even the smallest change to your diet can make a huge difference.
Until next time!
**Make sure to Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Show on Itunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or Blubrry**
What would you like to hear more about?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below.