Click the link above to listen to this Superfood episode right here, or subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Show on Itunes
Now broadcasting LIVE EPISODES on Periscope. Search Healthy Lifestyle Academy to watch us live!
What is A Free Form Diet Plan?
Many people gain weight if they have thyroid issues and this is due to metabolic rate.
There is no one size fits all diet plan for anyone AND I will share few ideas.
There are some people who are Carbs-sensitive and some who are Calorie-sensitive.
And there are some who are like me who want to eat a majority of the items in balance or in moderation. Some people call this a Free-Form Plan.
If you want to follow the Free Form Diet Plan what I do, here are few ideas:
1. Take Low-glycemic vegetables at least 6-7 servings a day
2. Take Low-glycemic fruits at least 2 servings a day
3. Take Low-glycemic starches around 2-3 servings a day
4. With each meal and snacks, take 1 serving of Good Fat
5. Take 4-6 Lean Protein serving in a day – spread it around meal and snacks time
6. Water – drink at least 64 ounces every day
7. Supplements – Vitamin D, Omega 3, Thyroid Herbs rich supplement
Rather than talking about the Carbs-sensitive diet plan or Calorie-sensitive diet plan, let me share here about what is Low Glycemic Index.
Glycemic Index (GI) – a number associated with a particular type of food that indicates the food’s effect on a person’s blood glucose (also called blood sugar) level.
The Glycemic Index (GI) is a scale that ranks carbohydrate-rich foods by how much they raise blood glucose (sugar) levels compared to a standard food.
Carbohydrates with a low GI value (55 or less) are more slowly digested, absorbed and metabolised and cause a lower and slower rise in blood glucose and, therefore insulin levels.
- LOW GI (55 or less) – Choose most often AND remember glucose value is 100
- Medium GI is 56 to 69
- High GI is 70 or greater
What is Lean Protein?
Meat, poultry, seafood, dry beans or peas, eggs, nuts, and seeds are considered part of the protein foods group. These tips will help you choose the leanest protein.
Start with a lean choice: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts and turkey cutlets are the leanest poultry choices.
In the next episode we will cover Carbs-sensitive Diet Plan!
Make sure to Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Show on Itunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or Blubrry. What would you like to hear more about?
Email us at email@example.com or comment below.