Click the link above to listen to this Superfood episode right here, or subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Show on Itunes
Now broadcasting LIVE EPISODES on Periscope. Search Healthy Lifestyle Academy to watch us live!
Episode#3 – Calorie-sensitive Thyroid Diet Plan for Weight Loss
For those who are calorie-sensitive and want few ideas on what type of foods they should be taking, here are few suggestions:
For some people no matter what they do, they never lose weight until they cut the calories.
It is important that you need to maintain a good journal and track all the calories you are taking. BE METHODICAL ABOUT THIS.
You goal should be to stay within your calorie target goal.
1. Low-glycemic vegetables – 20%
2. Low-glycemic fruits and starches – 15%
3. Good Fat – 30%
4. Lean Protein – 35%
5. Water – drink at least 64 ounces every day
6. Supplements – Vitamin D, Omega 3, Thyroid Herbs rich supplement
How do I decide my calorie need now?
It depends on your lifestyle i.e. sedentary, moderately active or highly active
1. Sedentary lifestyle – multiply your target weight by 10
Example – target weight 140 pounds, your calorie needs will be 140 x 10 = 1400 calorie a day
2. Moderately acive lifestyle – multiply your target weight by 12
For the same above example, it will be 140 x 12 = 1680 calories
3. Highly active lifestyle – multiply your target weight x 14
For the same above example, it will be 140 x 14 = 1960 calories
Use the above formula as a thumb-rule for guidance purpose only.
In the next episode, I will talk about a variety of lean proteins!
Make sure to Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Show on Itunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or Blubrry. What would you like to hear more about?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below.