For thousands of years, black pepper has been a sought after spice in the India.
Do you know what are the surprising health benefits of black pepper?
In this Episode on Amazing Herbs Podcast We will Cover: Black Pepper, the Surprising Health Benefits
Some experts say that black pepper is one of the world’s healthiest spices…
Black pepper has so many health benefits that many of us never even think about it. Keep listening to our podcast or read this article to learn more!
Click Below to Listen to This Podcast Episode
Click the above player to listen to this Amazing Herbs with Jay Author: Black Pepper, the surprising health benefits episode right here, or subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Show on iTunes.
Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Podcast Episodes on iTunes
Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Podcast Episodes on Google Play Music
Subscribe on Google Play Music
Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Podcast Episodes on Stitcher
Subscribe on Stitcher
Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Podcast Episodes on Blubrry
Subscribe on Bluebrry
Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Podcast Newsletter
Never miss any episode as we will inform you as soon as we publish a new episode…
We value your privacy and would never spam you
Here is What You'll Learn in this Podcast:
The scientific name for the black pepper is Piper Nigrum.
It contains the pungent taste and it gets this taste due to an active component called piperine.
Black pepper plant is a parasitic vine which can climb over the tree trunks around up to 30 feet. It grows in the tropical climate.
It blossoms into white flowers that turns to berries known as peppercorns. You can use the tender green pepper in the pickle form by adding lemon and salt.
When this peppercorn is allowed to sun dry, it turns into the black color.
Black pepper has been used as a medicinal plant in Ayurveda for many years. It is also used as a grandma remedy for many health conditions.
Here are some grandma type uses of black pepper:
- Add a pinch of ground pepper and turmeric in the boiled milk for cold and cough
- Helps with the digestion and it may help remove the toxins
- It may help with the sore throat
- It may act as an appetite suppressant and that's why it is used as a weight loss formula
- It may help clear the respiratory system
- It may help improve the blood circulation
- It may help support liver health due to pipperine
My grandpa always used to give a combination of black pepper and turmeric for any type of healing issue.
Other Exotic Benefits of Black Pepper
Besides the above benefits shared, there are many other exotic benefits of taking black pepper.
- In certain parts of India, it is used as a special diet for women for better immunity after pregnancy.
- I also noticed a few times that black pepper smoke was used to revive the unconscious people impacted by seizures until they can be taken to a doctor. I don't know much about this as my grandpa never shared much about this.
- Black pepper is also known to have a good amount of antioxidant properties. So keep adding the freshly grounded black pepper to your favorite dishes.
The best part is that everything is natural and no chemicals are being used. So enjoy this information and use it if you like it.
Disclaimer - The information presented on herbs or foods or any other topic is for informational purposes only. Never take any action without consulting your doctor. Never give any type of herb to children without talking to a doctor. All the statements made on this podcast have not been evaluated by the FDA. The herbs or foods mentioned on this podcast are not intended to cure, treat, diagnose or prevent disease. Always play it safe.
Don't Forget to Check the Healthy Lifestyle Meals Software!
We listened to your feedback and developed a Software which is meant for healthy meal planning for any duration.
You can make your daily or weekly or monthly meals healthy from 26 scientific parameters and ensure you take the right meals everyday.
Learn more about the Healthy Lifestyle Meals Software by clicking at the below image:
Don't Forget to Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Show Podcast
Until next time - Make sure to Subscribe to Healthy Lifestyle Show on iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or Blubrry!
What would you like to hear more about?
Share Your Comments or Send Us Your Suggestions...